PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Draft Day 2 Discussion Thread

Ironshaft
04-24-2020, 08:00 AM
Holy Crud, there are about 10 guys that I want to pick still left on the board! I wish we could trade down and get five picks in the top half of the 2nd round; not possible but there are a ton of good guys there.

Some of the defensive backs fell that many thought were low 1st round / fringe 1st round talent. My guess is that one of our early 2nd picks will be defensive back because that appears to be where some of the value is.

Yetur Gross-Matos is hard to overlook as a potential long term starter at left DE taking over for Jabaal Sheard. While not the most athletic, he wins through power, position, hand fighting and a non-stop motor.

CB Trevon Diggs, CB Jaylon Johnson, and S Xavier Mckinney all look to be good value as guys who appear to fit our defense pretty well and could easily be rated by the Colts as 1st round guys.

The choices at WR are insane with Mims, Pittman and Higgins all still on the board and Claypool just a bit later down the list.

Ezra Cleeland, Josh Jones and Robert Hunt are all offensive tackles still on the board that I think have left OT starter potential.

The choices are incredible; I could see a trade back from #34 if it is not too far back to pick up an additional 3rd round pick.

Thoughts?

ukcolt
04-24-2020, 08:42 AM
A.J. Epenesa looks like the best player left in the draft, i am surprised he fell out of the 1st round.

Other than him, i don't think that there are any shock players that are still available. Everyone else was scheduled back end of the 1st/early 2nd.

Another guy that i would love it if we were to get is Minnesota safety Antoine Winfield Jr. looks like Bob Sanders all over again.

Looks like we have some really nice guys still available with some depth at our primary positions of need.....loads of choices at WR, S Winfield, Chinn, Dugger are all guys i would be delighted should they end up wearing the horseshoe. DE still has Yetur-Gross and Epenesa, CB's Diggs, Jaylon Johnson and Fulton, Tackles still available Josh Jones, Hunt, Cleveland.
If somehow we could end up with 3 of these guys by the end of todays draft i would be incredibly happy.

The 2nd day of the draft in my opinion is always the best day, where all the value is had.

coltsballs
04-24-2020, 09:21 AM
i agree we fit the need on defence and get a wr later. how about fromm or eason if they fall into 3rd rd

omahacolt
04-24-2020, 09:27 AM
I wouldn’t be mad to see us double dip at wr here.

Although Winfield and a wr would work as well

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 09:34 AM
Holy Crud, there are about 10 guys that I want to pick still left on the board! I wish we could trade down and get five picks in the top half of the 2nd round; not possible but there are a ton of good guys there.

Some of the defensive backs fell that many thought were low 1st round / fringe 1st round talent. My guess is that one of our early 2nd picks will be defensive back because that appears to be where some of the value is.

Yetur Gross-Matos is hard to overlook as a potential long term starter at left DE taking over for Jabaal Sheard. While not the most athletic, he wins through power, position, hand fighting and a non-stop motor.

CB Trevon Diggs, CB Jaylon Johnson, and S Xavier Mckinney all look to be good value as guys who appear to fit our defense pretty well and could easily be rated by the Colts as 1st round guys.

The choices at WR are insane with Mims, Pittman and Higgins all still on the board and Claypool just a bit later down the list.

Ezra Cleeland, Josh Jones and Robert Hunt are all offensive tackles still on the board that I think have left OT starter potential.

The choices are incredible; I could see a trade back from #34 if it is not too far back to pick up an additional 3rd round pick.

Thoughts?

Gross Matos and Epenesa are over valued by the draft analyst crowd. Supposedly NFL teams are not as high on them. Matos has a bunch of good plays and if you only look at those he looks fantastic. Problem is he has even more bad plays and looks awful in them.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 10:05 AM
No temptation on taking a Qb?

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 10:08 AM
Taking a wr in the second is an absolute necessity but I could be convinced of taking Ezra Cleveland with our first pick. He’s the only tackle I see the value in while we can get a solid guard later. If they decide to roll with Castonzo I wouldn’t be shocked if they grabbed Blacklock since Ballard loves those trenches. Ultimately though I think we trade one of our picks and move back.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-24-2020, 10:11 AM

I wouldn't select any of the remaining QB's in Round 2.

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 10:14 AM

Perhaps but I would guess they either use the second pick on Eason or more likely trade back and pick him up later in the 2nd. I don’t believe he will be there in the third. I believe that taking Gordon or Morgan later is another strong possibility.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 10:43 AM
Perhaps but I would guess they either use the second pick on Eason or more likely trade back and pick him up later in the 2nd. I don’t believe he will be there in the third. I believe that taking Gordon or Morgan later is another strong possibility.

Thanks. I dont follow college football that closely, so I’m leaning on the members here for info.

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 11:35 AM
Thanks. I dont follow college football that closely, so I’m leaning on the members here for info.

I’m more of a passive follower of college ball myself. My knowledge of football in general has increased tenfold just by reading threads here. We’ve got some incredibly insightful individuals posting here unlike many of the dreadful sites floating around. Heck, before I came here I never realized that the single most important measurable to player success was his stance!

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 11:51 AM

Thoughts?

Gross-Matos was a guy I realized was there after suggesting I'd be happy with Mims and Cleveland last night. While that would still work for me, Gross-Matos is a guy I didn't think the Colts would have a chance at. Ballard loves adding to the DL and OL, so I could see him going Gross-Matos and Cleveland and putting WR off until round 3. I'd be happy with that as well. Also interesting to see Trevon Diggs and Kristian Fulton still available, but I doubt the Colts would take either.

A.J. Epenesa looks like the best player left in the draft, i am surprised he fell out of the 1st round.

Other than him, i don't think that there are any shock players that are still available. Everyone else was scheduled back end of the 1st/early 2nd.

Another guy that i would love it if we were to get is Minnesota safety Antoine Winfield Jr. looks like Bob Sanders all over again.

Looks like we have some really nice guys still available with some depth at our primary positions of need.....loads of choices at WR, S Winfield, Chinn, Dugger are all guys i would be delighted should they end up wearing the horseshoe. DE still has Yetur-Gross and Epenesa, CB's Diggs, Jaylon Johnson and Fulton, Tackles still available Josh Jones, Hunt, Cleveland.
If somehow we could end up with 3 of these guys by the end of todays draft i would be incredibly happy.

The 2nd day of the draft in my opinion is always the best day, where all the value is had.

Epenesa is fool's gold IMO. He reminds me so much of Zach Allen in that his only plan appears to be run through his man. I would be very disappointed if Epenesa was a pick of the Colts.

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Don't forget Fulton in the CB group. Colts reportedly liked him. I expect a senior bowl receiver if it is one. Pittman or Mims, they were both there and both did well.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-24-2020, 12:18 PM
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1253712629564129281

The #Bengals are on the clock first tonight at No. 33. Next up are the #Colts, who already are having trade talks about moving down from No. 34. A spot to keep an eye on.

apballin
04-24-2020, 12:49 PM
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1253712629564129281

Might as well move back and stack em up, still be good WR if we move back

IndyNorm
04-24-2020, 01:29 PM
Might as well move back and stack em up, still be good WR if we move back

Maybe. What we really need is a couple of difference makers or at least guys who can contribute right away. The more we trade down the less likely that will happen and more likely we end up with guys who won't contribute for a couple of years or end up being just depth guys (like last year).

JAFF
04-24-2020, 01:29 PM
I’m more of a passive follower of college ball myself. My knowledge of football in general has increased tenfold just by reading threads here. We’ve got some incredibly insightful individuals posting here unlike many of the dreadful sites floating around. Heck, before I came here I never realized that the single most important measurable to player success was his stance!

Sarcasm?

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 01:52 PM
Not surprised teams want to trade up and we want to trade down. Question is, are we doing for picks this year or next year? If it is for next year, I bet they target a QB next year.

Some stats on WR's:

Percentage of contested catches last year:

Denzel Mims - 30.3%
Tee Higgins - 18.6%

Percentage of catches from screens:

Devin Duvernay - 40%
Denzel Mims - 1.5%

Best bet
Denzel Mims -235
Higgins' stock has plummeted - arguably more than that of anyone else at his position. He didn't light it up at his pro day and demonstrated a limited route tree during his career at Clemson, sending his average projected draft position from 19.5 to the fringes of the first round. I boarded the Mims train early and am hoping the momentum hasn't slowed down, though the price of this matchup prop is getting a little out of my comfort zone. I'm simply reading the tea leaves here and hoping Higgins' fall is real. If it is, Mims should hear his name called well before his counterpart.

Michael Pittman Jr., USC
Pittman is my bet for this year’s most overthought prospect. You can chase high-end athletic tools all you want, but give me guys like Pittman who know the receiver position like the back of their hand. He can not only separate on the underneath and intermediate route trees, but Pittman is terrific at using his size to stack cornerbacks down the football field. In terms of completeness at the receiver position, Pittman is right up there with anyone in the draft class. What really separates him are his hands. He’s dropped only five passes on 176 catchable targets in his career.

John Hightower, Boise State
Hightower is yet another wideout with some speed to burn as he clocked in with a 4.43 at the Combine in Indianapolis. That showed up repeatedly on tape as he averaged 18.5 yards per catch this past season. The Boise State wideout is exceptionally fluid and he isn’t simply winning by striding straight past slower defensive backs on go balls. He sells post-corners and other downfield double moves exceptionally well. We’d love to see him continue to add muscle to his frame, though, as he still only checked in at the Combine weighing 189 pounds — and his ability to fight through contact was inhibited because of it.

Devin Duvernay, Texas
Duvernay is on the opposite end of the YAC spectrum from Jennings. He’s a former track athlete who blazed a 4.39 in the 40-yard dash at the Combine. Jet-sweeps and screens are his bread and butter as Duvernay had the second most receptions on screens of any player in the country (42). He converted those into 17 first downs or scores and broke 14 tackles on them — both figures that led the country. With his combination of speed, power and elusiveness, he’ll quickly find a role in an NFL offense.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-24-2020, 02:04 PM
Question is, are we doing for picks this year or next year? If it is for next year, I bet they target a QB next year.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1253735544963633154

Some buzz on Round 2:
— Among the players the #Bengals like at No. 33 are Ross Blacklock & Denzel Mims.

— Colts (34) & Dolphins (39) open to moving out.

— Saints (CB? LB?), Jets (CB?), Jaguars (OT?), Falcons among the teams who have made calls to move up.

New Orleans would need to include next year's picks for sure because they have already traded away this year's 2nd round draft pick. The 2nd and 3rd round draft picks of those four teams are below:

Atlanta Falcons - 2-47, 3-78
Jacksonville - 2-42, 3-73
New York Jets - 2-48, 3-68, 3-79
New Orleans Saints - 3-88

Chaka
04-24-2020, 02:11 PM
Not surprised teams want to trade up and we want to trade down. Question is, are we doing for picks this year or next year?

Take next year's picks. You get more value out of those, and if there ends up being no season this year, then the intrinsic value of a pick this year and next year should be about the same.

Hoopsdoc
04-24-2020, 02:18 PM
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1253735544963633154

New Orleans would need to include next year's picks for sure because they have already traded away this year's 2nd round draft pick. The 2nd and 3rd round draft picks of those four teams are below:

Atlanta Falcons - 2-47, 3-78
Jacksonville - 2-42, 3-73
New York Jets - 2-48, 3-68, 3-79
New Orleans Saints - 3-88
Trade with the Jets or Atlanta, if possible, especially if it involves picks next year. Those teams figure to be bad again.

IndyNorm
04-24-2020, 02:23 PM
2nd round mock draft FWIW. This guy has us taking Higgins at 34 and Eason at 44.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/04/24/nfl-second-round-mock-draft-2020-best-available-players-quarterbacks/3020019001/

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 02:42 PM
Sarcasm?

Only about stance. The complimentary part was sincere.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 02:51 PM
Only about stance. The complimentary part was sincere.

That’s cool.

I can tell you that I believe footwork is the foundation of all athletic endeavors. How you get there is another story

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 04:48 PM
Sarcasm?

Used to be a clown on here, well...

Chaka
04-24-2020, 05:27 PM
Take next year's picks. You get more value out of those, and if there ends up being no season this year, then the intrinsic value of a pick this year and next year should be about the same.

Actually, if this season is cancelled, a pick next year might very well be worth MORE than a pick this year, since all the picks this year will be a year older but have no NFL game experience AND may be a year closer to free agency (this latter issue is likely addressed in some general way in the collective bargaining agreement, and I'd expect that free agency eligibility ultimately won't be affected, but I haven't looked it up and so I can't be sure)

rcubed
04-24-2020, 05:52 PM
2nd round mock draft FWIW. This guy has us taking Higgins at 34 and Eason at 44.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/04/24/nfl-second-round-mock-draft-2020-best-available-players-quarterbacks/3020019001/
Here are a few more:

The Athletic’s Dane Brugler: Pick No. 34: WR-Michael Pittman (USC), Pick No. 44: S-Antoine Winfield (Minnesota), No. 75 QB-Jake Fromm (Georgia)

CBS Sports’ Ryan Wilson: Pick No. 34: S-Grant Delpit (LSU), No. 44: WR-Denzel Mims (Baylor), Pick No. 75: DE-Terrell Lewis (Alabama)

Sports Illustrated’s Kevin Hanson: Pick No. 34: WR-Tee Higgins (Clemson), Pick No. 44: QB-Jacob Eason (Washington), Pick No. 75: TE-Adam Trautman (Dayton)

USA Today’s Mark Schofield: Pick No. 34: WR-Denzel Mims (Baylor), Pick No. 44: CB-Jaylon Johnson (Utah), Pick No. 75: TE-Harrison Bryant (Florida Atlantic)

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-24-2020, 05:57 PM
CBS Sports’ Ryan Wilson: Pick No. 34: S-Grant Delpit (LSU), No. 44: WR-Denzel Mims (Baylor), Pick No. 75: DE-Terrell Lewis (Alabama)

I would be happy with the one from Ryan Wilson.

TêteDeFer
04-24-2020, 06:30 PM
I'd like 3 of those tonight, in order of preference :

WR : Pittman, Mims, Claypool
OT : Peart, Wanogho
DT : Gallimore, Blacklock
G : Hunt, Simpson
S : Winfield, Dugger, Davis
DE : Anae, Greenard

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-24-2020, 06:49 PM
Al Breer wrote that the Colts and Bucs both had some interest in Eason:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/04/24/nfl-draft-2020-second-round-news-rumors-updates?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Three quarterbacks are in play to go tonight, I’d think: Washington’s Jacob Eason, Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts and Georgia’s Jake Fromm. My guess is Eason would be the first to come off the board, and I’ve heard him connected to the Buccaneers and the Colts over the last couple months. Both would afford him a redshirt year in 2020. The comp I’ve heard on Eason is Drew Bledsoe, which is perfect because I had one veteran assistant coach refer to him as a “1995 prototype” a few weeks back.

rm1369
04-24-2020, 06:49 PM
I'd like 3 of those tonight, in order of preference :

WR : Pittman, Mims, Claypool
OT : Peart, Wanogho
DT : Gallimore, Blacklock
G : Hunt, Simpson
S : Winfield, Dugger, Davis
DE : Anae, Greenard

I’d love to end up with two out of this group in the 2nd:

OT: Cleveland, Jones
DT: Blacklock, Gallimore
WR: Mims, Pittman, Claypool
DE: Gross-Matos

With the depth at WR in the draft and previous investments at DE I’d lean towards DT or OT now and double up at WR later. I fully expect a trade down from one of the two picks though.

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 06:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to hear Colts select Xavier McKinney if they are down on Hooker :cool:

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 07:01 PM
With Bengals saying they are picking, Ballard is salivating at chance for more picks... We trade down :cool:

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 07:14 PM
With Bengals saying they are picking, Ballard is salivating at chance for more picks... We trade down :cool:

I wonder if the suggested 59 and 64 from Seattle is realistic.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 07:16 PM
I'm predicting trade down from 34, if Ballard can find a dance partner.

RCAChainGang
04-24-2020, 07:18 PM
Damn, I wanted Higgins

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-24-2020, 07:18 PM

Colts select WR Michael Pittman

nate505
04-24-2020, 07:19 PM
I hope they pick Mims or Shenault (I get his injury history, but I'm a Colorado guy so it's a homer pick...plus I think he will be great if he can stay healthy).

That said it'll probably be a lineman or DB.

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 07:19 PM
Kevin Bowen‏ @KBowen1070

Per @AlbertBreer, the #Colts are taking WR-Michael Pittman (USC) at No. 34 overall.

:cool:

Maniac
04-24-2020, 07:20 PM
Pittman at 34 over Mims? Fuck no.

nate505
04-24-2020, 07:20 PM
I have no issues with Pittman either. He's a big solid guy with sure hands.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 07:22 PM
If TY gets doubled, it will be interesting

Big Smooth
04-24-2020, 07:24 PM
Sounds good. Big ole boy

TêteDeFer
04-24-2020, 07:28 PM
I'm happy, perfect fit for us

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 07:29 PM
Kevin Bowen‏ @KBowen1070

Per @AlbertBreer, the #Colts are taking WR-Michael Pittman (USC) at No. 34 overall.

6'4". Other than Andre Johnson, when was the last time we has a big guy like that?

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 07:31 PM
Love the pick of Pittman. Pick came in quick too. Ballard must be super confident in this pick.

No more failures in the red zone I hope.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 07:32 PM
6'4". Other than Andre Johnson, when was the last time we has a big guy like that?

Dawkins?

apballin
04-24-2020, 07:34 PM
Fuck yes baby!!!! Sure handed, big bodied blue blooded football guy I fuckin love it

YDFL Commish

Does the infamous Roy Hall count?

JAFF
Bill Bellicheat is such a dick

JAFF
04-24-2020, 07:35 PM

Yes

1965southpaw
lol, Bellicheat giving Roger the finger by having his dog in this chair when he knew the cameras would be on his office. "I'm just here so I don't get fined". Such a dick move.

Chromeburn
So the thing that stuck out to me about Pittman was his attitude. He comes off as extremely professional and laser focused, more so than the other players. He knows what he has to do and what he has to do, and has to do to succeed and is entirely focused on making that happen.

JAFF
lol, Bellicheat giving Roger the finger by having his dog in this chair when he knew the cameras would be on his office. "I'm just here so I don't get fined". Such a dick move.

What a pussy put in a porn star that would’ve been amazing

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 07:37 PM
Dawkins?

Nope, Daryl Dawkins played with the Sixers, lol

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 07:38 PM

How did I forget that guy?

Maniac
04-24-2020, 07:38 PM

Well, we had a orangutan on camera for us making our pick before.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 07:39 PM
Nope, Daryl Dawkins played with the Sixers, lol

Shawn Dawkins. 6-4. Suck it trebeck

IndyNorm
Was thinking/hoping Mims, but pretty happy with Pittman. Will be good to have a big, physical WR for a change!!

Maniac
What a pussy put in a porn star that would’ve been amazing

Yes, Autumn Falls would be my pick.

Racehorse
So the thing that stuck out to me about Pittman was his attitude. He comes off as extremely professional and laser focused, more so than the other players. He knows what he has to do and what he has to do, and has to do to succeed and is entirely focused on making that happen.

Just the type Ballard targets

JAFF
04-24-2020, 07:40 PM
Well, we had a orangutan on camera for us making our pick before.

They are cute.

Maniac
04-24-2020, 07:40 PM
Hoping Winfield Jr. or OL

TheMugwump
04-24-2020, 07:41 PM
Pittman is the one I've been hoping for and posting about since December. Great pick. Not the fastest WR, but size, great route running skills, and the bet hands in the draft.

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 07:43 PM
Dolphins take Mike's little brother.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 07:44 PM
Love this pick!

Racehorse
TV says we pick at 41, thought it was 44?

JAFF

Mike Hunt, is mike Hunt here? Oh hes with 6-4 Sean Dawkins

nate505
The Fish are giving Tua protection, I'll give them that.

Hoopsdoc
04-24-2020, 07:45 PM
Pittman is the one I've been hoping for and posting about since December. Great pick. Not the fastest WR, but size, great route running skills, and the bet hands in the draft.

4.5 is plenty fast, especially at that size. This was a quintessential Ballard pick.

I like it. A lot.

YDFL Commish
I like cunts.

Maniac
We traded up to 41

JAFF
TV says we pick at 41, thought it was 44?

New math

Maniac
04-24-2020, 07:46 PM
Houston taking blackcock

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 07:46 PM
We traded up to 41

Eason?

nate505
04-24-2020, 07:47 PM
Wonder if they go for an OT if Cleveland or Josh Jones is still there.

Luck4Reich
Some very good players left.

Racehorse
Delpit?

smitty46953
Johnathon Taylor RB Wisconsin, Hell yes a stud :eek:

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 07:49 PM
Wouldn't have made that pick.

nate505
I know a lot of people don't want a RB...but I love this pick. Behind this line this guy will be a beast.

Maniac
That's a shocker

Luck4Reich
We traded up to take a RB? Wouldnt he have been there later?

Big Smooth
wat

JAFF

To many miles

nate505
04-24-2020, 07:50 PM
We traded up to take a RB? Wouldnt he have been there later?

I doubt they gave up much to go up 3 spots.

Or at least I really hope they didn't.

Dewey 5
04-24-2020, 07:50 PM
Wow! Didn't see that coming. Taylor behind Big Q will be devastating

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 07:51 PM
I doubt they gave up much to go up 3 spots.

Or at least I really hope they didn't.

Who in front of us 3 spots was going to take him?

smitty46953

With our line, we will be running the ball for sure. I liked the guy hell of a runner. :cool:

Big Smooth

maybe jags shopping Fournette?

AlwaysSunnyinIndy

Probably helps that his dad played in the league. He had the inside knowledge of what it takes to reach (and hopefully stay) in the NFL.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 07:52 PM
Hes getting Rivers some weapons for sure.

nate505
Looks like they gave up a 5th round pick. Actually more than I thought they'd give up, but not all that significant either.

Colt Classic

Bears?

Dam8610
Hate the Taylor pick as much as I love the Pittman pick. Hope Taylor proves me wrong, but high mileage RBs fail often in the NFL.

Dam8610
Looks like they gave up a 5th round pick. Actually more than I thought they'd give up, but not all that significant either.

Too much for that player.

Luck4Reich
maybe jags shopping Fournette?

Maybe

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 07:53 PM

What did we give up to move up?

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 07:54 PM

a 5th?

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 07:54 PM

Our 5th lol

Big Smooth
04-24-2020, 07:55 PM
Got a feeling we fucked the Jags and im oh so good with that

Maniac
04-24-2020, 07:56 PM
Why not draft Swift at 34 and Pittman at 44?

Get a better RB with less miles and don't have to give up a pick.

nate505
04-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Too much for that player.

I disagree. Behind this line this guy can get 4 YPC in his sleep.

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Our 5th lol

Don’t like it. Could have been spent on a guard or another wr as a depth piece.

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 07:58 PM
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Terms: pick 41 for No. 44 and No. 160

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 07:59 PM

He's not the same style of back, but Ron Dayne was supposed to be this as well. How did that turn out?

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 07:59 PM
Why not draft Swift at 34 and Pittman at 44?

Get a better RB with less miles and don't have to give up a pick.

I thought the exact same lol

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:00 PM

Pretty much every back they stuck back there did that last year.:cool:

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 08:00 PM
Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

Ian Rapoport Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Terms: pick 41 for No. 44 and No. 160

Overpay to get Taylor. Why not grab Ezra Cleveland or Ashtyn Davis?

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 08:01 PM
Damn Bears must have 10 TE's

nate505
He's not the same style of back, but Ron Dayne was supposed to be this as well. How did that turn out?

Ron Dayne didn't run a 4.39 40.

Colt Classic
I thought the exact same lol

Maybe they bet on Swift lasting until 44 and traded up once that idea fell apart.

smitty46953
Overpay to get Taylor. Why not grab Ezra Cleveland or Ashtyn Davis?

Because Ballard wanted Taylor is my guess LOL :eek:

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 08:02 PM
hahahahhahahhahaha

The Bears took a tight end! they have 10 on the roster already

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:02 PM
Poor Shenault to the Jagoffs.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 08:03 PM
We didn't have a power back on the roster.

Maniac
04-24-2020, 08:06 PM

So we're building the monster?

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:06 PM
Damn Ezra Cleveland still on the board?

Brylok
04-24-2020, 08:07 PM
Goodell is so unnatural dealing with regular people. He's like a wax dummy coming alive and trying to act human. Or an alien or something...

I like the picks so far.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 08:09 PM
There’s nothing wrong with our running game you don’t need a big ass back. The running backs we had would find a seam make an adjustment get through the line and then go which is how the running game is supposed to work

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:09 PM
That's a steal for the Browns...... but yet the Browns could get the first 32 picks and still suck ass.:cool:

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 08:10 PM
Wow Cleveland got the Colts 5th round pick AND a better player at 44 than the Colts got at 41.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 08:10 PM
So we're building the monster?

No, but Jordan Wilkins probably doesn't make the team and Mack may not be a Colt after next season.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:12 PM
Mims still there.... add him too? WR could go from weakness to strength.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:12 PM
Wow Cleveland got the Colts 5th round pick AND a better player at 44 than the Colts got at 41.

And they will still suck ass..... so there is that.

Brylok
04-24-2020, 08:14 PM
No, but Jordan Wilkins probably doesn't make the team and Mack may not be a Colt after next season.

I'm thinking they're not going to pay big money to Mack. He'll be going.

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 08:14 PM
Because Ballard wanted Taylor is my guess LOL :eek:

Obviously. Hopefully Taylor proves me wrong, but it seems like a luxury pick with what the Colts already have at RB. Obviously they don't intend to resign Mack, which is disappointing. Could've used a OT or good S more.

IndyNorm
04-24-2020, 08:15 PM

Thinking that now he definitely won't be.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:15 PM
JK Dobbins keeps dropping.... is he hurt?

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:18 PM
So many good players dropping just seems silly to trade up...imo.

Ballard likes what he likes.

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 08:18 PM

Would've been a better pick than Taylor, but teams seem to be grading RBs lower in general. Seems like the position is being devalued leaguewide.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:21 PM
That's a bit of a reach buy the Broncos.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:22 PM
Would've been a better pick than Taylor, but teams seem to be grading RBs lower in general. Seems like the position is being devalued leaguewide.

I hope Taylor kills it, but seems like we wasted our 5th round pick in a draft this deep.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 08:23 PM

How many RBs rushed for 1k yards? Off the tpo of your head.

IndyNorm
04-24-2020, 08:24 PM

Yeah, I would have liked for us to have picked Delpit there. Also, I like Dobbins better than Taylor. Less wear on his legs and a better receiver out of the backfield.

YDFL Commish
Win now baby!

Racehorse
I hope Taylor kills it, but seems like we wasted our 5th round pick in a draft this deep.

I guess we can only replace so many players, so we are going for quality this year over quantity

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 08:26 PM
How many RBs rushed for 1k yards? Off the tpo of your head.

Not off the top of my head, but 56 in Division 1-A last year. What's your point?

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 08:27 PM
I guess we can only replace so many players, so we are going for quality this year over quantity

But why "quality" at a position at which the team is incredibly deep?

JAFF
04-24-2020, 08:28 PM
Not off the top of my head, but 56 in Division 1-A last year. What's your point?

In the NFL, I think that’s what we’re talking about now not division 1 A Where are you play Appalachian State to start off your year

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:28 PM
Claypool to the Steelers.

Hate when guys I like go to the Pat's or Steelers

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 08:29 PM
In the NFL, I think that’s what we’re talking about now not division 1 A Where are you play Appalachian State to start off your year

Johnathan Taylor has rushed for 0 yards in the NFL.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 08:30 PM

Thank you captain obvious.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:33 PM
There will be some solid choices in the 3rd for us.... really hope we dont reach.

Maniac
04-24-2020, 08:33 PM

He's also never lost a game in the NFL :D

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 08:35 PM

or lost a fumble!

JAFF
04-24-2020, 08:36 PM

Ron Dane, is there a Ron Dane in the room?

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 08:37 PM
Thank you captain obvious.

So what's your point?

or lost a fumble!

That will change, much to our chagrin.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 08:38 PM
So what's your point?

That will change, much to our chagrin.

Blah, blah, bs, bs, bs

Puck
04-24-2020, 08:39 PM
Just wanted to chime in. Mack will be gone after this yr!!!!!

Good good good. I'm getting my wish finally!!!!!!!!!

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 08:41 PM

Jaguars are trying to dump Fournette. They might have seen Taylor as a replacement.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 08:41 PM
A lot of good players are dropping.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:42 PM
Hurts to the Iggles

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:42 PM
A lot of good players are dropping.

Yep..... crazy

apballin
04-24-2020, 08:43 PM

He’s hurt every year anyway might as well have a great insurance/ split carries back on deck I’m good with the pick not like we’re gonna ask him to be a workhorse

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 08:44 PM
But why "quality" at a position at which the team is incredibly deep?

I think because Mack gets hurt and the explosiveness of the position takes a dive when he does.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2020, 08:46 PM
I think because Mack gets hurt and the explosiveness of the position takes a dive when he does.

Best argument made. Good point.

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 08:49 PM

Well, you have waited quite a while

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 08:58 PM

Knew you would love that pick :cool:

IndyNorm
04-24-2020, 09:03 PM

Went to Balt. They're having a hell of a draft so far :cool:

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 09:07 PM
Hurts to the Iggles

Good, that possibility is off the board.

Hines is plenty explosive and doesn't have fumblitis. Wilkins breaks off big runs all the time and doesn't have fumblitis.

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 09:07 PM
#Vikings take at No. 58, Boise St OT Ezra Cleveland. :cool:

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 09:10 PM

Hines is plenty explosive and doesn't have fumblitis. Wilkins breaks off big runs all the time and doesn't have fumblitis.

You need a Kleenex ? :cool: LOL

nate505
04-24-2020, 09:11 PM

Ezekiel Elliot fumbled a lot in college too. If only the Cowboys were smart and replaced him with Jordan Wilkins.

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 09:12 PM
You need a Kleenex ? :cool: LOL

No, just would've preferred the Colts not waste so much draft capital.

apballin
04-24-2020, 09:15 PM

They wanted to jump ahead of the jags and bears

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 09:24 PM
Still Available :cool:

CB Kristian Fulton
OT Josh Jones
EDGE/LB Zack Baun
DT Justin Madubuike
DT Neville Gallimore
S Jeremy Chinn
S Ashtyn Davis
C Lloyd Cushenberry
EDGE Terrell Lewis
EDGE Julian Okwara
DT Jordan Elliott
EDGE Curtis Weaver
CB Bryce Hall

Ironshaft
04-24-2020, 09:26 PM
We seriously are getting upset by the lost of a 5th round pick? Really?

It is pretty rare that a 5th round pick stays on a well run NFL roster past a year or two. For every Robert Mathis there are 100 Nate Hairston's, David Parry's or Jonathan Newsom's.

Ballard obviously felt like he needed to get in front of JAX to make sure he got the guy he wanted. The only reason to move up is if you WANT him.

Trust in Ballard; trading a 5th to secure the services of a guy he obviously wanted is a no brainer.

Ironshaft
04-24-2020, 09:26 PM
OT or TE in the 3rd would be about perfect, IMO.

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 09:27 PM

It is pretty rare that a 5th round pick stays on a well run NFL roster past a year or two. For every Robert Mathis there are 100 Nate Hairston's, David Parry's or Jonathan Newsom's.

Ballard obviously felt like he needed to get in front of JAX to make sure he got the guy he wanted. The only reason to move up is if you WANT him.

Trust in Ballard; trading a 5th to secure the services of a guy he obviously wanted is a no brainer.

You don't know Dammy, he is always upset this time of year :cool:

JAFF
04-24-2020, 09:30 PM

GM wanna be

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 09:54 PM
I forgot about this guy, great pick

With pick 69 in the 2020 NFL Draft, the #Seahawks are selecting OL Damien Lewis

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 09:57 PM
They wanted to jump ahead of the jags and bears

They could've gotten a better player by staying put, as evidenced by Cleveland drafting a better player at 44.

It was a waste of a 2 and a 5, not just a 5.

You don't know Dammy, he is always upset this time of year :cool:

Not always. I was relatively happy with last year's draft. I rarely had a problem with Polian drafts until the late 2000s.

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 10:00 PM
Jets having a good Day 2.

Hoopsdoc
04-24-2020, 10:03 PM
They could've gotten a better player by staying put, as evidenced by Cleveland drafting a better player at 44.

Not always. I was relatively happy with last year's draft. I rarely had a problem with Polian drafts until the late 2000s.

Hmmm, let’s see.....Ballard or Dam? That’s a tough one.

This is another classic Ballard guy. Extremely smart, extremely productive, durable and reliable.

I did not realize that he ran the fastest 40 of any running back.

Ironshaft
04-24-2020, 10:04 PM

Seriously? A waste of a 2nd.

So, you are betting right now that Ballard and his staff have selected Ron Dayne part 2? Trent Richardson the 2nd? That the pick was completely wasted.

Dang, why don't you have a job with an NFL team? Able to predict the future!

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 10:04 PM
Jets having a good Day 2.

Ravens having solid draft

Patrick Queen, J.K. Dobbins and Justin Madubuike. :cool:

Hoopsdoc
04-24-2020, 10:06 PM
So, who we taking at 75? Defense? TE?

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 10:07 PM
So, who we taking at 75? Defense? TE?

OL I hope, no depth to speak of :cool:

Maniac
04-24-2020, 10:09 PM
Better be OL or secondary

Ironshaft
04-24-2020, 10:11 PM
We just traded down from 75 to 85 with DET.

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 10:11 PM
Field Yates‏Verified account @FieldYates

Colts trade: Pick 75, Pick 197.

Lions trade: Pick 85, Pick 149, Pick 182.

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 10:12 PM

Well, we got the pick back that Dam said we wasted, lol

Hoopsdoc
04-24-2020, 10:14 PM
Traded back.

Oldcolt
04-24-2020, 10:16 PM
We need playmakers If Taylor is one he is well worth a second rounder.

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 10:16 PM

And just like that Ballard gets a 5th back. Maybe this guy knows what’s he’s doing after all.

Big Smooth
04-24-2020, 10:17 PM
And just like that Ballard gets a 5th back. Maybe this guy knows what’s he’s doing after all.

Got the crystal ball out tonight? Who are we taking at 85?

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 10:18 PM
Hmmm, let’s see.....Ballard or Dam? That’s a tough one.

This is another classic Ballard guy. Extremely smart, extremely productive, durable and reliable.

I hope he proves me wrong, but he has a serious fumbling problem and a lot of mileage on him already. Also, I find it funny that some here always bring up my "obsession" with 40 times and you're using a 40 time as justification for this pick. Edwards-Helaire ran a 4.6 and I'd've taken him over Taylor in a heartbeat.

Seriously? A waste of a 2nd.

So, you are betting right now that Ballard and his staff have selected Ron Dayne part 2? Trent Richardson the 2nd? That the pick was completely wasted.

Dang, why don't you have a job with an NFL team? Able to predict the future!

They took a Day 3 guy at 41 is what I'm saying. Again, I hope he proves me wrong, but a RB with a fumbling problem and high mileage is like a WR who can't catch or run routes. Why would I care how good the positives are at that point?

Ironshaft
04-24-2020, 10:19 PM

NFL.com is saying that we DID NOT trade away the 197.

Picks remaining for Colts:

Round 3·Pick 21 (85)

Round 4·Pick 16 (122)

Round 5·Pick 3 (149)

Round 6·Pick 3 (182)

Round 6·Pick 14 (193)

Round 6·Pick 18 (197)

nate505
04-24-2020, 10:20 PM
They took a Day 3 guy at 41 is what I'm saying. Again, I hope he proves me wrong, but a RB with a fumbling problem and high mileage is like a WR who can't catch or run routes. Why would I care how good the positives are at that point?

This is seriously one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen you say.

A Day 3 guy? On what planet?

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 10:20 PM
I hope he proves me wrong, but he has a serious fumbling problem and a lot of mileage on him already. Also, I find it funny that some here always bring up my "obsession" with 40 times and you're using a 40 time as justification for this pick. Edwards-Helaire ran a 4.6 and I'd've taken him over Taylor in a heartbeat.

Did you go bald and someone gave you a comb for Christmas? :cool:

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 10:22 PM

Wilkins has fumble problems, he was in the doghouse bc of them. Hines is more of the third down back. He can take it over a for a game, but if Mack is out for say 6 games he isn't a realistic option.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-24-2020, 10:23 PM

The tweet from the Colts twitter account indicates pick 197 was sent to Detroit.

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1253869495027933185

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 10:24 PM

Good move.

I don't feel the need to mindlessly applaud every pick. I praised the Pittman pick because I thought it was a good one. I don't like the Taylor pick. GMs do make mistakes, and even the best miss on (typically more than) 50% of their picks. The trade was good as well, but you don't have to be a mindless sheep. Critical thinking is allowed.

JAFF
04-24-2020, 10:25 PM

Apparently Ballard has a different view of “value”, than what the fans think. The big difference is that many of us will not lose our jobs based on the Colts draft

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 10:25 PM

Picks remaining for Colts:

Round 3·Pick 21 (85)

Round 4·Pick 16 (122)

Round 5·Pick 3 (149)

Round 6·Pick 3 (182)

Round 6·Pick 14 (193)

Round 6·Pick 18 (197)

ESPN shows the 197 with Detroit

nate505
04-24-2020, 10:28 PM
Apparently Ballard has a different view of “value”, than what the fans think. The big difference is that many of us will not lose our jobs based on the Colts draft

I get people not liking the pick. But I can't honestly believe most fans having the guy as a 3rd day pick.

Like I don't think Herbert is anything to write home about, but he was still a Day 1 pick to me, and it seemed fairly obvious.

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 10:29 PM
Still Available :cool:

CB Kristian Fulton
OT Josh Jones
EDGE/LB Zack Baun
DT Justin Madubuike
DT Neville Gallimore
S Jeremy Chinn
S Ashtyn Davis
C Lloyd Cushenberry
EDGE Terrell Lewis
EDGE Julian Okwara
DT Jordan Elliott
EDGE Curtis Weaver
CB Bryce Hall

Jabari Zuniga - one of the most athletic DE's in the draft
Jordan Elliot - PFF's top rated DT in the draft and a 3-tech, Kiper's current best available overall
Devin Duvernay - WR from Texas with a 100 catches, runs like a RB
Adam Trautman - Dayton TE, who I think is the best TE in the draft, not Kmet.
Gandy Goldman - Big small school receiver who can run, catch and get yac

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 10:29 PM
Good move.

but you don't have to be a mindless sheep. Critical thinking is allowed.

We are waiting Dammy, Taylor is a great pick, as was Nelson last year :cool:

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 10:31 PM
I hope Cushenberry is there, backup at C maybe Glowinski replacement. Need depth :cool:

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 10:32 PM
The tweet from the Colts twitter account indicates pick 197 was sent to Detroit.

https://twitter.com/Colts/status/1253869495027933185

Got our pick back.

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 10:33 PM

Tiki Barber was a good RB who almost got cut because of fumble issues. He fixed it, and became one of the top 5 RBs in the NFL for several years. Hopefully Taylor can do the same, but a RB with fumble problems and high mileage is like a WR who can't catch or run routes.

Hoopsdoc
04-24-2020, 10:34 PM

I’m just saying this guy fit Ballards profile to a T. In hindsight, it should have been obvious. Mack isn’t getting another contract, Wilkins is a good but limited player, and Hines is a classic 3rd down back. There’s a big need for a player like Taylor.

They obviously feel like they can coach the wrinkles out of him. Let’s hope they’re right.

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 10:38 PM
We are waiting Dammy, Taylor is a great pick, as was Nelson last year :cool:

Nelson was 2 years ago, and I said at the time the only way he'd be worth the pick was if he was HOF level. Turned out he was.

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 10:41 PM
Interview with Michael Pittman on NFL radio.

Says he was really hoping they would pick him when the Indy pick came up.

Thinks he fits into our offense well and thinks he can learn a lot from Philip and TY. Can't wait to get to Indy and play ball.

He will be learning virtually somehow in the meantime.

All the talks with the Colts staff makes him think he will fit in perfectly and how they see him in the offense.

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 10:42 PM
Nelson was 2 years ago, and I said at the time the only way he'd be worth the pick was if he was HOF level. Turned out he was.

Just admit it

Originally Posted by omahacolt View Post
i was wrong.

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 10:44 PM
Shit, Broncos got Cushenberry :eek:

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 10:46 PM
Shit, Broncos got Cushenberry :eek:

They are having a good draft

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 10:46 PM
Got the crystal ball out tonight? Who are we taking at 85?

Usually only during a game but I’m thinking qb. Not that I necessarily think we should.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 10:47 PM
I would really love a TE here. Not sure which one, Trautman, Bryant, Hopkins?

Thorgrim
04-24-2020, 10:47 PM
Good move.

I don't feel the need to mindlessly applaud every pick. I praised the Pittman pick because I thought it was a good one. I don't like the Taylor pick. GMs do make mistakes, and even the best miss on (typically more than) 50% of their picks. The trade was good as well, but you don't have to be a mindless sheep. Critical thinking is allowed.

Agreed.

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 10:49 PM
Waiting for the meltdown at 85

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 10:50 PM
There's our safety!

smitty46953
04-24-2020, 10:50 PM
Julian Blackmon Utah S 6'1" 195

Maniac
04-24-2020, 10:51 PM
Julian Blackmon is a playmaker. I like it.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 10:52 PM
Malik Booker will have to step it up.

Brylok
04-24-2020, 10:53 PM
So I sit here waiting for 40 minutes, sitting thru ads and inane commentary and video packages about players and teams I care nothing about...and they skip right over the Colts pick. WTF? Fuck you ABC/ESPN! I'm out.

Racehorse
04-24-2020, 10:53 PM

Booker?

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 10:54 PM
ESPN just skipped it. Went straight to the Bills pick. back to back Utah players

Brylok
04-24-2020, 10:54 PM

Hooker is probably going to be traded.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 10:58 PM
so i sit here waiting for 40 minutes, sitting thru ads and inane commentary and video packages about players and teams i care nothing about...and they skip right over the colts pick. Wtf? Fuck you abc/espn! I'm out.

nfl network

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 10:59 PM
ESPN has very little. Guess he tore his ACL in the pac 12 champ game. Found this blurb.

Blackmon, a true senior in 2019, was named an All-Pac-12 corner twice and an All-Pac-12 safety in 2019. He plays the ball not the man in zone and has enough range to cover a deep half. He's not a center fielder. He lacks ideal recovery speed. He picked off nine passes over the past three seasons. He flashes above-average ball skills. He's willing to square up in run support and he tends to limit production after the catch. Sub-par angles lead to some missed tackles. He sustained a noncontact knee injury in the Pac-12 championship game and did not work out at the combine. -- March 2020

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 10:59 PM
Like the Blackmon pick. He stood out on film as I was watching other players as I recall. Colts needed a S for big nickle packages.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2020, 11:00 PM
Booker?.

You know what I meant?

Chromeburn
04-24-2020, 11:10 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1253880784953282561

Some more on Blackmon

Dam8610
04-24-2020, 11:14 PM

I don't think so. Blackmon and Willis are more of the big nickel/box safety type of players. I think Blackmon signifies that Geathers won't be back and the Colts want to have a good big nickel package.

Luck4Reich
04-25-2020, 02:40 AM

Shocked that Dam isn’t in love:D

omahacolt
04-25-2020, 08:30 AM

You are weird

IndyNorm
04-25-2020, 09:43 AM
So I sit here waiting for 40 minutes, sitting thru ads and inane commentary and video packages about players and teams I care nothing about...and they skip right over the Colts pick. WTF? Fuck you ABC/ESPN! I'm out.

Which feed were you watching? I was watching the ESPN and they showed some highlights (which were really impressive BTW) and said that he started at CB for 2 years then switched to S and was all PAC 12 and 2nd team AA. Also, said he tore his ACL in the PAC 12 championship game. One of the commentators said that he was happy to see him drafted here b/c he's a really productive play maker and was concerned he'd drop b/c of his injury.

Hoopsdoc
04-25-2020, 09:43 AM
I’ll reserve judgment on Blackmon until I see him play.

Lol. Upon viewing some YouTube highlights, I realized that one of the highlights they showed of Pittman was him abusing Blackmon on a touchdown catch. Although, to be fair, I believe that was Blackmon’s 2nd game at safety.

Seems like a guy with good athleticism and average instincts.

IndyNorm
04-25-2020, 09:47 AM

Probably not b/c Blackmon won't be ready to play until mid season at the earliest.

Thorgrim
04-25-2020, 09:52 AM
I’ll reserve judgment on Blackmon until I see him play.

Lol. Upon viewing some YouTube highlights, I realized that one of the highlights they showed of Pittman was him abusing Blackmon on a touchdown catch. Although, to be fair, I believe that was Blackmon’s 2nd game at safety.

Seems like a guy with good athleticism and average instincts.

Pittman is going to abuse many more safeties with his physical game.

Oldcolt
04-25-2020, 10:26 AM
I hope we keep Hooker. You can never have enough defensive backs in this league. We are getting a lot of versatility back there

IndyNorm
04-25-2020, 10:35 AM

That might be the dumbest thing Dam has said since Pagano was fired. I would have rather had seen us draft Delpit or OL/DL there and also think Dobbins will make a better NFL RB (although another RB went ahead of Dobbins as well, so maybe there's some issues there that I'm not seeing). But Taylor was clearly a great college RB, had a hell of a 40 time (especially with his size), and worth a 2nd round pick. His fumbling is definitely a concern, but our coaches must think they can fix that (could be wrong, but didn't Mack have fumbling issues in college as well?). If they do the Taylor could prove to be a great pick.

Oldcolt
04-25-2020, 10:39 AM
I like the Taylor pick a lot because I think it shows that Ballard does not plan on spending big money on re signing running backs. You can get by easily with backs on their rookie contracts and save your money for harder positions to fill. Forward thinking and smart.

Pittman will hopefully be what they wanted in Funches. Reich really must want a big body wr

rm1369
04-25-2020, 10:43 AM
I like the Taylor pick a lot because I think it shows that Ballard does not plan on spending big money on re signing running backs. You can get by easily with backs on their rookie contracts and save your money for harder positions to fill. Forward thinking and smart.

Agreed. I think you’d be smart to never give a RB a second contract. Almost never works out these days.

Dam8610
04-25-2020, 11:47 AM
That might be the dumbest thing Dam has said since Pagano was fired. I would have rather had seen us draft Delpit or OL/DL there and also think Dobbins will make a better NFL RB (although another RB went ahead of Dobbins as well, so maybe there's some issues there that I'm not seeing). But Taylor was clearly a great college RB, had a hell of a 40 time (especially with his size), and worth a 2nd round pick. His fumbling is definitely a concern, but our coaches must think they can fix that (could be wrong, but didn't Mack have fumbling issues in college as well?). If they do the Taylor could prove to be a great pick.

What day was Mack drafted on? Taylor's issues are too big to have drafted him as high as he was drafted in my opinion. You can mindlessly applaud the pick if you'd like, I'm not going to like this pick because I see Taylor in the same vein as a WR who has a "lot of talent", but can't catch or run routes. Obviously the Colts invested a lot in Taylor, so I hope the coaches can fix his issues and turn him into a top end RB, but there's a lot to be nervous about there, and as you said, the Colts could've gotten a better player in Grant Delpit. Why not just do that if you're going to waste draft capital moving up?

Hoopsdoc
04-25-2020, 12:08 PM
What day was Mack drafted on? Taylor's issues are too big to have drafted him as high as he was drafted in my opinion. You can mindlessly applaud the pick if you'd like, I'm not going to like this pick because I see Taylor in the same vein as a WR who has a "lot of talent", but can't catch or run routes. Obviously the Colts invested a lot in Taylor, so I hope the coaches can fix his issues and turn him into a top end RB, but there's a lot to be nervous about there, and as you said, the Colts could've gotten a better player in Grant Delpit. Why not just do that if you're going to waste draft capital moving up?

Wait, you’re comparing Taylor to a wide receiver who can’t catch or run routes? Really?

That’s really dumb.

Dam8610
04-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Wait, you’re comparing Taylor to a wide receiver who can’t catch or run routes? Really?

That’s really dumb.

We'll see how you feel about it when he fumbles away a win.

IndyNorm
04-25-2020, 02:26 PM

I'm not mindlessly applauding the Taylor pick at all. As you noticed I said I would have rather had us draft Delpit or Dobbins (Delpit BTW has red flags too as he apparently under performed and missed a lot of tackles this past year). Unlike you though, I haven't lost my shit over the pick and I haven't convinced myself that Taylor is garbage. The dude has elite speed and averaged 2,200 yards from scrimmage and 18 TDs a season, so let's not pretend that he's a bum.

Chromeburn
04-25-2020, 03:18 PM
We'll see how you feel about it when he fumbles away a win.

Rathman is really good at coaching fumbling out of guys. See what happens when he gets ahold of him.

Dam8610
04-25-2020, 04:18 PM
Rathman is really good at coaching fumbling out of guys. See what happens when he gets ahold of him.

I hope you're right. RB was still not a need.

Oldcolt
04-25-2020, 09:14 PM
I hope you're right. RB was still not a need.

Would have been in 2021 when we will most likely play football again

apballin
04-26-2020, 03:22 AM
Would have been in 2021 when we will most likely play football again

You realize they’re opening up basketball facilities and allowing teams to return to practice right?

Oldcolt
04-26-2020, 02:40 PM
I just don't see getting all 30 owners and all 30 mayors to ok it and everything else that would be needed to pull it off during a pandemic. Could be wrong but I don't think so. Plus there will have to be some, at least theoretical, liability for the NFL. Hope you are right though

Right now if you test positive for COVID they isolate all of your contacts for 14 days. The NFL will not flaunt public health rules. Way to costly if things go wrong. Your entire team and the team you played would be quarantined for 14 days if anyone tested positive so you would have to make sure nobody got the virus Only way to do that is thru isolation Difficult to isolate everyone involved in putting on an NFL game for the entire season.

nate505
04-26-2020, 09:21 PM

That’s really dumb.

It doesn't even make sense as a criticism. The guy is patient and lets the blockers go to work before he runs. He hardly relies on his athleticism, even though it's great.

Perhaps comparing it to a receiver who drops an easy pass on 3rd down more than normal.

But for whatever reason, he doesn't choose to acknowledge the fact the guy is an elite athletic talent and had massive production in a conference that was loaded with future NFL players.